PR Award Entry
This award is for the company or veterinary practice that has delivered the most innovative PR initiative or programme in 2018. This can be a single ‘one-off’ published piece, or a sustained campaign over a given period to support a product/initiative in the veterinary/animal health industry. It will include published material in any journal, magazine, newspaper, TV, radio or other electronic medium in the UK during 2018. The material must be genuine editorial – campaigns which include a paid format (e.g. advertorial or sponsored material) as part of the programme can be entered for the award, however any ‘paid for’ elements will not be judged or form part of the scoring.
Please provide materials via PDF (as one multi-page file):
- Original material (press releases, articles) as submitted to the press which has subsequently been published
- Full copies of each press cutting (not just the headline), where and when each cutting was published
- Please highlight the key messages in all original and published Documentation
- Please provide a logo for displaying at the award ceremony as a high quality 300dpi jpg file, this can be sent separately in an email quoting your entry number.
Note In line with the mission of the VMA to drive marketing excellence, we are proud to advise that the new BVA Pet Advertising Guidelines launched on 04/12/18 will also be considered, as appropriate. These guidelines can be viewed here.
- Innovation: Does the entry stand out? Is the piece or campaign innovative? Is there an overall wow factor? Is the entry engaging and interesting?
- Strategic Skills: Does the entry demonstrate a good understanding of the target audience and wider strategic aims of the campaign?
- Creativity/Originality: Specifically considering the animal health industry has the entry demonstrated creative thinking or delivery? Does the entry look/feel original?
- Messaging: Do the headlines draw you in? Is the copy well written? Is the messaging clear and appropriate? Does the messaging persuade to purchase or influence beliefs?
- Quality and accuracy of writing: Is the writing of good quality? Is the style of the pieces appropriate for the format (e.g. press release/article/social media).
- Coordination: Is there evidence that this PR has been coordinated with other marketing elements? Does it work to enhance the overall effect?
- Achievement: How well has the entry met its SMART* objectives? Do the results demonstrate achievement?
*SMART Objectives: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound
Please complete the entry form below – all fields marked * are compulsory. Financial information supplied will be treated in the strictest confidence, to be seen by the judges, and chair of judges, only.
Once your entry has been submitted, you will be invoiced the entry fee after submission. The invoice will be sent separately in due course after the deadline or may be delayed a few days to consolidate the invoice details if entering multiple categories.