VMA New Marketing Talent Guidelines and Entry Form
- Candidates must be 34 years or younger on Friday 18th March, 2022 and/or have been in marketing for 5 years or fewer on this date
- Candidates must have worked within a marketing role within the animal health industry for at least 18 months prior to the Friday 18th March, 2022 and must be working in a marketing role within the industry on this date. . This could be, for example but not exclusively, for a pharmaceutical company, an agency, an association, a veterinary practice or an animal health or agricultural supplier.
- The VMA actively encourages all marketers to apply, irrespective of the size of their marketing budget.
- The closing date for written submissions is Friday 7th January, 2022. In fairness to all entrants, late submissions will not be considered. There is no entry fee and entry is via submission as file attachments to the entry form below.
- The submission should be no more than 1500 words and the total submission should comprise no more than 3 sides of A4 when printed. Any information submitted as a link will not be viewed and therefore not considered as part of the submission.
- All submissions should be written by the candidate. The purpose of the submission is to clearly demonstrate how the marketer has added value.
- The candidate must declare their input to their marketing activity, vs that of the wider team (especially in international work).
- You should also supply a short video to support your submission. The video should be no more than 5 minutes in length and as we will purely be judging the content and not the quality of the video, submissions MUST ONLY be filmed on a phone and be filmed in landscape. This is your opportunity to engage the judges and demonstrate your marketing flair
- In addition to the 1500 word piece the submission must include a current CV.
- The submission should also be supported by a brief statement (500 words maximum) from a line manager to confirm that the information presented is a true and accurate reflection of the candidate.
- All submissions will remain confidential and will be viewed by the judges only
- All finalists must be available on Tuesday 22nd February, 2022 for the judging day, where they will need to discuss their nomination in more detail and complete a short case study evaluation and presentation. The judging day will either be at the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) in London, or conducted by Zoom, depending on COVID restrictions at the time. However, there will be no alternative offered so all entrants are advised to put this date in their diary in anticipation of attendance.
All submissions will be evaluated against the following criteria in order to shortlist a maximum of three candidates.
- Professionalism & presentation of materials submitted
- Creative merit, innovation & uniqueness (original ideas, fresh thinking, insight)
- Evidence of personal (rather than team or agency) effort & impact
- Breadth and depth of marketing skills from across the marketing mix e.g. advertising, PR, digital, sales, exhibitions etc.
- Judicious selection of marketing tools and techniques for effective use of budget (regardless of the size of the available budget)
- Measure of effectiveness (sales uptake/market share/analytics) e.g. sales of product x increased from 5% to 25% over the 12 month period etc.
- Marketing planning – overall approach
- Evidence of marketing good practice
- Campaign analysis and review (feedback/monitoring /corrective action)
- Strength of recommendation by senior manager