Direct Mail Award Entry
Eligible entries for this award are direct mail campaigns targeted at veterinary surgeons, farmers, or pet owners in the UK during 2018.
Note In line with the mission of the VMA to drive marketing excellence, we are proud to advise that the new BVA Pet Advertising Guidelines launched on 04/12/18 will also be considered, as appropriate. These guidelines can be viewed here.
- Initial Impact: Does the entry stand out? Is there an overall wow factor? Is the entry engaging and interesting?
- Audience Appeal: Does the entry demonstrate a good understanding of the target audience for this category? Is the entry appropriate for the audience? Is the entry appealing to the target audience?
- Creativity/Originality: Specifically considering the animal health industry has the entry demonstrated creative thinking or delivery? Does the entry look/feel original?
- Messaging: Do the headlines draw you in? Is the copy well written? Is the messaging clear and appropriate? Does the messaging persuade to purchase or influence beliefs?
- Engagement: Would the recipient have followed the piece from start to finish and responded to a call to action?
- Achievement: How well has the entry met its SMART* objectives? Do the results demonstrate achievement?
*SMART Objectives: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound
Please complete the entry form below – all fields marked * are compulsory. Uploaded entries should be in JPG/JPEG or PDF format, using the submission templates provided. Files should be high res (300 dpi) but not exceed a total of 25MB if more than one file is uploaded.
As/if appropriate you are encouraged to submit a short video or link to similar media to demonstrate the direct mail “in use”. The video should be no more than 2 minutes in length and be utilised to further demonstrate the entry. Note the video will be judged on content only, it does not need to be of production quality – we can accept MP4 and MOV files. Should you wish to provide a hard copy of the direct mail for judging please contact us directly.
Once your entry has been submitted, you will be invoiced the entry fee after submission. The invoice will be sent separately in due course after the deadline or may be delayed a few days to consolidate the invoice details if entering multiple categories.