Rated as either very good or excellent for overall delivery and interest by all delegates, the VMA’s recent exclusive one-day interactive workshop with leading London creative health agency DDB Remedy, helped animal health marketers to develop their understanding of how to create great advertising and practice this first hand.
Run by Richard Rayment, Associate Creative Director and Fran Griffin, Strategy and Planning at DDB Remedy, numbers for workshop were limited to ensure delegates could take full advantage of the expertise at DDB Remedy and get the most benefit from the day.
The event was structured as follows:
- The background to advertising, its birth and development
- Discussion and debate as to what makes great advertising including reviewing award winning work
- Introduction to planning, its roots, role and different planning methods
- The importance of understanding your audience, insights and the ‘single minded proposition’
- A case study for a fictitious brand, working in breakout groups work to determine an insight for this and a ‘single minded proposition’
- Using the ‘single minded proposition’ to create an ad for the brand.
- Discussion and summary
The day generated great feedback and exceptionally positive comments about what a fantastic opportunity it was to take part, how knowledgeable and friendly the presenters were, and how valuable the day had been.
Rachel Horton, Brand Manager at Dechra “Very fun and informative day. Richard and Fran shared a lot of knowledge and showed great case studies. The afternoon session brought to life the information provided and helped me to see what we need to do as a company to get the most out of our campaigns”
Jenny Brown, Senior Account Manager RLH ‘I found the workshop interesting and engaging. Working through the techniques of developing the single minded proposition highlighted the overall importance of this statement whilst writing a creative brief. It was great to have the opportunity to discuss veterinary case studies with DDB which enabled me to apply the knowledge gained to my own campaigns with more relevance’
Thanks to DDB Remedy’s generous sponsorship the workshop also succeeded in raising over £450 for the VMA’s 2018 charity, the Animal Welfare Foundation (AWF).
If you are interested in attending a similar VMA CPD workshop in the future, please register your interest here and we will let you know when the next one is planned for. Alternatively call the VMA Secretary on 020 8076 7126